Dopus (still) using 7GB of RAM

I was about to post some new info but I see my old thread was locked ([url]Dopus using 7GB of RAM]). To prevent a repeat please only post if you have the same issue, although since we have no way of diagnosing it at the moment I don't know how you are supposed to determine that...

Anyway, I have since switched from uTorrent to qBittorrent and am having the same problem. I wrote a script that starts and closes RDP sessions endlessly but it didn't cause the problem either. That rules out two more things. So, we know:

• It happens on Windows 7 x64 on real hardware and in a VM, so is unlikely to be driver related
  • It happens with no software other than uTorrent "installed" (I run it in portable mode)
  • It happens when qBittorrent is "installed" (in portable mode) so isn't caused by uTorrent specifically
  • It isn't codec related or a problem with an Explorer plug-in, unless it's one of the default ones that installs with Windows
  • It takes a very long time to start
  • When it happens memory consumption doubles every time a new RDP session begins
  • It isn't caused by repeated use of RDP
  • After memory doubles CPU usage goes to 100% for a while before returning to normal, with the length proportional to memory consumption
  • It isn't fixed in Opus 11

The main issue at the moment is lack of debugging tools. The ones suggested in the previous thread turned out to either be useless or to crash before gathering any useful information.

My theory is that it is due to either some kind of heavy disk activity or drives powering down. When a drive is asleep Opus hangs while it is spinning up again.

Where's the new information in here? It seems like the same mix of anecdote and supposition as the previous thread.

VMMap is the correct tool to use to diagnose this issue. Until you're able to follow the debugging steps we've already provided there's no point re-opening this thread.