DOpus unresponsive after extracting files from within password protected archives

When I open a password protected rar files and extract a file from it, DOpus does ask for the password and extracts the file but becomes unresponsive after that.
And when extracting from within an open password protected zip file, DOpus doesn’t ask for the password and locks up immediately.

If I extract the files by right clicking on the archive or right-click drag-drop the archive and then choose extract here everything words fine.

I have tried several files and made my own, but DOpus acts the same way when extracting from within an open password protected (rar or zip) files (I haven't tried other formats).

In both cases I must close DOpus from the taskbar icon and reopen it to be able to use it again.
The zip extract gives an ‘The RPC server is unavailable.’ error after this, but the rar file doesn’t.

Which method/actions are you using to extract the archives? (There are lots of different ways it can be done.)

Does it happen with encrypted Zips made by Opus itself?

Thanks for the quick reply Leo.

I use DOpus to browse to the archive, double click it to open it in DOpus, select what I want to extract and then use drag-drop to extract outside DOpus (e.g. the desktop).
I do still get to fill in the password and after that and everything selected does get extracted. But after that DOpus becomes unresponsive, except for a (chime) sound for every mouse click within DOpus.

I just found out that if I do the same thing but extract to a folder within DOpus, there's no problem.
And if I do the whole action within DOpus incl. filling in the password, I don't have to fill in the password the second time and then extracting outside also no longer gives a problem (until I have to fill in the password again).

Creating the archive with DOpus, WinRar or Windows explorer makes no difference.

1 Like