Doubleclick on FTP file deletes the TEMP files after 30 minutes

I've enabled "Re-upload modified files to FTP sites" in the company. Also "Monitor file for .. 600 minutes" and "Use file checksum to detect modifications".

I open multiple source code files from our dev. Linux server and have them open in my editor. Some I edit, some not.

But after 30 minutes the temporary directories and files in %TMP%\dtemp-* (C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\dtemp-*) will be deleted and the editor warns me that the files have been deleted.

Earlier I've used FTP open in the editor but our company is implementing Cyberark and then I always have to enter an OTP for every FTP connection I create. This means for every FTP open and every FTP save for a file. This is horrible with e.g. UltraEdit.

They have told me I should install & use WinSCP which copies files to C: temp and after a file change with the editor it copies it back. Other users are working with this solution.

Good idea, so I have changed the DO settings (not using WinSCP :wink: ) but finally I'm not happy as you can see.

What can I do?

Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced: [FTP] ftp_dblclk_cache_time controls that.

2 Likes