Drag and drop copy question

How to disable copy into source folder when I use drag and drop method to copy files or folders.

Are you looking for the File Types menu?

If you're accidentally releasing on sub-folders of the tab you're dragging out of, you can disable that by turning off this option:

Preferences / File Displays / Mouse / Allow drag and drop into sub-folders (without a qualifier key held down)

You can still hold Shift/Ctrl down to override it when you need it.

hi.
i also have drag and drop question.
Doing drag and drop with left button i have set it to move using this command Copy MOVE in file types menu..
but i want right button to copy while doing drag and drop.How to do that?
also image is not loading in this FAQ

Drag & drop with the right mouse button will always show a menu of possible actions. You can edit the menu but you can't make it do an action directly without displaying the menu.

Thanks! I've fixed the post.

1 Like

How to get the full path the drag is dropped on (ie. Drop target) ?

For example, suppose I drag multiples items, "C:\Folder1", "C:\Folder2", "C:\File1.txt", and drop them onto "C:\Folder3" (NOTE: this is the Drop target, and not DOpus concept of destination lister),

I want to run an external command on DnD action, "robocopy" (could be any command though), once for each selected item, giving it the same destination folder "C:\Folder3". How to do this ?

Same question for if I want to pass in the DOpus destination lister ?

I think drag & drop events have {destpath} set up for the drop target's path. (Best to verify that on a test folder first, in case I'm misremembering.)

The destination lister/tab wouldn't be relevant to a drag & drop event unless it was what you were dropping on. You could get it via the scripting API, but it would be unusual to use/need that on a drop event, since it isn't (necessarily) involved in either side of the drag & drop.

1 Like

Thanks for prompt info. @Leo