Drag & Drop with right mouse button does not work

Hello dear support team,
Since quite a time, I recognize issues with drag & drop. I made some investigations and could find out the following facts:

• Drag & Drop with left mouse button works fine
  • Drag & Drop with right mouse button works for user A but doesn't work when logged in as user B

I guess there is something wrong with the user settings. Can you give me some hints where to look?

Thank you very much
Michael

Are you using Details or Power mode? Try Details if it's Power.

Hi Leo,
Thank your for the quick answer.
I'm normally using "Details" mode but i played around. The difference is, that in "Power" mode Drag & Drop doesn't work at all, that is not ,even Drag & Drop with the left mouse button works any more, whereas in "Details" mode D&D with the LMB works.

Power mode can configure what the buttons do, so it's probably just not set to do d&d. Focus on Details mode.

Does RMB drag & drop work between two File Explorer windows?

Also, which version of Opus are you using?

Yes, RMB D&D works between two File Explorer windows. I am using version 12.19 x64

Does it work right after a reboot?

Any special mouse drivers installed, which might change the mouse button settings in different programs?

Hello Leo,
I am experiencing this issue for months, so - no reboot does not help. I run the latest Window 10 pro release. And no, there is no special mouse driver installed, I guess a mouse driver would have effects on all users, but, as I mentioned, logged in as User A: Evertyhing ok, with user B: I am having those issues

Do either of you have Adobe Acrobat installed? Another user found it installed something called AcroTray which hijacked the right mouse button for some reason.

(Also causes issues with lots of other software, if you google "acrotray right mouse button".)

No, Acrobat is not installed. Only Adobe AIR, Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Photoshop

Hello,

The same thing happened with me. I don't know the difference between Details & Power mode. But the R-mouse button is almost useless with Opus. I'm having to use Windows File Explorer to do anything. New reinstall of Windows-10 Pro 64 bit.

Have a look in the View menu to see which mode you're in.

Thanks so much, it says "Power".

Also, I just downloaded & installed the "Blue Theme.dlt" which seems to include customizations for buttons and everything. It did NOT fix the problem.

A theme (.dlt) file would not have any customizations like that. Opus Configuration Backup (.ocb) files would have everything, including button and menu configurations. If you ever download a .ocb file to use, be sure you do your own backup first in case the new .ocb file has stuff in it you don't want.

If you’re in Power, change back to Details for normal mouse buttons.

I'm sorry: turning off major features of Directory Opus won't work. Why not just go back to Windows File Explorer if I'm going to turn off all the major features of Dir Opus?

I rather fix the mouse buttons. How do I do this?

Thanks, yes the Blue Theme, while nice didn't fix the problem. DO always used to work but I had to re-install Windows after an Update went bad and now DO R-mouse only partially works. Maybe a DO reinstall?

Backup your actual DO-settings and restore DO to default (and don't change anything then!) to check if its your config that maybe makes trouble.

Power Mode mouse buttons are configured in Preferences / File Display Modes / Power Mode Buttons.

But unless you actually want non-standard mouse buttons, there is no reason to use Power Mode.

Power Mode is an option, not an essential. It's purely there to give people non-standard mouse button behavior they may be used to from other platforms or file managers which don't follow Windows conventions.

None of us on the development team use Power Mode. The name may sound cool, but it's not something you should use if you want normal buttons, which is what you're asking for.

2 Likes

As a very, very long-time user of DOpus, I agree. I'm sure I've used Power Mode only a handful of times in the last 10 years and half those times reminded my why I don't use it. lol

4 Likes

Same here, but when needed, it was absolutely useful for me!

1 Like