Dragging file to breadcrumb downarrow

Hi.
When I drag a file to a hard drive in the breadcrumb area, everything works fine.
When I drag a file to the arrow key beside a hard drive, a partial list of directories inside the hard drive opens.
So far so good.
But I've never, as far as I recall, been able to then make the list scroll, so that I can drop my file into a directory that was initially off the bottom of the screen.
The up and down arrow keys at the bottom of the scroll list only respond to mouse clicks -- not hovers. Clicking them with a mouse is not an option, as long as I am in the middle of a drag-and-drop operation.
I would have to release my mouse button first, which at that moment is depressed. And doing that not only releases the file I was trying to drag, it also makes the pulldown list disappear.

I've been working around this for years. Just finally decided to see if there were any solutions out there.

Thx

I don't think there's any workaround or way to make the menu scroll when using drag & drop.

Once you've got enough folders to fill the screen & require scrolling, I'm not sure it still makes sense to use the breadcrumbs menu for moving files around. It would be quite slow & fiddly even if it did scroll the list. Better to open another file display, IMO.

ok thx

Hello,

it would be nice to have mouse-wheel scrolling enabled when going thru long lists AND additionally the pop-up of folders in the list when hovering over the entry if they have subfolders (in this case marked with a right-arrow) .
(without the intention of drag 'n drop)

hi,
do you consider to implement mouse-wheel scrolling and scrolling when mouse pointer on the top/bottom , and pop-up of subfolders in do 11?
(as it is realized in classic start menu). The status quo is not that comfortable

To my surprise you include thumbnails+details view, as i suggested 2 years and a half ago. :slight_smile:

That had been on our ideas list for a much longer time. :slight_smile:

Please link your account if you want to request changes.

Hi Leo, but your reaction didn't give me much hope.
I hope that the scrolling in the breadcrumb is also on your ideas list. :slight_smile:
For all those who want an impression of this feature take a look at UltraExplorer.