Dragging tabs between Single Listers to make a Dual Lister

Can I please add 'Shift while Dragging Tab to open in Dual Lister' a feature request?

I'm familiar with moving tabs between panes, but is it possible to drag a tab onto a single pane lister and through the use of ctrl/shift/etc cause the lister to become a dual lister with the new tab set to the right/below (whatever the default is) the existing pane?

I've noticed DOpus 13 works differently than DOpus 12 when dragging a tab OUT of a dual pane lister. It effectively achieves the same as Split to new Lister, however its not clear if its possible to reverse the situation without needing to drag the tab to the existing pane, then right click the tab and select Click to dual display.

Currently, Ctrl-Drag duplicates a Tab, and having Alt pressed causes the tab to toggle its lock state and makes it impossible to drag, so maybe Shift so Ctrl-Shift can still duplicate the Tab?

Many Thanks

1 Like

AFAIK it was the same in 12.

For joining two single displays into a dual, I usually make one dual and then drag the other into it. Would be nice to be able to do it as a single step, I agree.

1 Like

Support++ for joining two single displays into a dual as a single step.

Can an entire lister be dragged into another lister? Or just a tab?

The whole lister can be, but only if you don't use a file display toolbar (Preferences / Location Bar / Toolbars, Allow docking of listers). It's useful but not worth the toolbar sacrifice.

A way to do that with the toolbar turned on would be nice. I guess we haven't done that because dragging tabs largely replaced the need for it.

(There are also commands to combine listers together, which can still be used in any situation. But those aren't triggered via drag & drop.)

1 Like