Drive buttons

Note that Toolbars are common to all Listers. You can float a specific Toolbar free of the Listers but you cannot have a different set of Toolbars for different Listers.

I have read this and it's pretty discouraging but anyway ......

Is it possible to have separate drive buttons for each of the listers, like in Total Commander ? I think that would be useful. As it is, you have to activate a lister before clicking a drive button if you want to open the drive contents in that particular lister. One extra unnecessary click and wasted time.

Can the drive labels be placed 'next to' instead of 'below' the drive button icons ? This would save precious vertical space. There's plenty of horizontal space available on today's widescreen monitors. Having the option to add per-drive buttons would also be cool.

P.S: I have only found DOpus for PC today, after 11 years of leaving Amiga and working with the great Total Commander. Just want to give DOpus a chance since it was awesome on the Amiga so I may have many more questions. And thanks for the answers. :slight_smile:

Do you mean for each file display?

The lister is the window, which can contain one or two file displays.

Drive buttons in lister toolbars are already tied to each lister (of course).

If you want to have separate drive buttons for the left and right (or top and bottom) file displays then you can use these two commands:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS OPENINLEFT

Go DRIVEBUTTONS OPENINRIGHT

Alternatively, you can create one set of drive buttons which opens in the left (or top) if you left-click the drives and in the right (or bottom) if you right-click them:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=multifunc

In both cases you can add other arguments to change the buttons. For example, if you only want local HDDs then you could use:

Go DRIVEBUTTONS=multifunc,fixed

There are many options for changing the Go and Go DRIVEBUTTONS commands. See the Opus Raw Commands section of the manual for the full list.

Uffff the raw command "garbage", not for a novice after what I'm seeing in the docs. :slight_smile: Total Commander and Altap Salamander have "two drive bars" easily toggleable for the user.

I'll see if I can figure this Go command out. What about the labels ? Can they be put on the right of the icon image instead of below ?

Ok, this is proving to be too hard for me. The picture is as far as I got. Any hints ?

You don't need to make a User command for this. From the Customize window, just locate the default Drive Buttons command (in the Go) category and drag it to the toolbar. Then edit the button it creates to add the desired arguments.

Ok got it. I also figured out how to put the label next to the icon. Yay, we're getting there. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to use non-flat buttons ?

No (if you mean buttons which always show their borders even when not "pushed in" and when the mouse isn't over them).

The main button appearance settings are in Settings -> Preferences / Display / Toolbars.

Per-toolbar settings are in Settins -> Customize / Toolbars

Per-button settings are in the buttons themselves.

You can change the way buttons look quite a lot but there's no "always show borders" option or similar.

If the problem is visually separating the drive buttons, the Go DRIVEBUTTONS command has options which may help. It can show any combination of icons, letters and labels. As with other buttons you can choose whether the labels should appear next to or below the icons.

My preference is to use these icons so that the letters/labels aren't needed at all:

[HDD Letter Icons)