Dropbox Context Menu not showing

I have Opus v12.29 Build 8272. Also, I am on the current release of Dropbox. Our organization did not enroll in their beta program.

FYI: Dropbox desktop client builds - Dropbox Community

I'm not sure but all I can say is that when I was on build 159 the context menu did not work and now on build 158 (which I was told by Dropbox is the latest version) it works.

Dropbox has auto-updated to build 159.4.5870 and the problem has reappeared. Dropbox support was supremely unhelpful: "We do not support third party integrations" so I expect no resolution from them. So unless Opus can figure out a fix or help me, I am going to have to either change my workflow or abandon one of the two softwares.

It’s a curious, lazy response from Dropbox, considering their software is as “third party” as anyone else’s other than Microsoft’s.

We’d love to fix the issue ourselves but I don’t think we can, based on the information in the thread. Opus is asking their shell extension if it wants to add any items, and that used to work fine. Now, due to a change on their side and no change on our side, their shell extension is now saying it doesn’t want to add any items when we ask it. Dropbox are the only people who can diagnose that, unless they give us the source code to their shell extension.

Agreed. I'm really disappointed in that response and told them so.

Please try the latest beta version, we have added a workaround that seems to resolve the issue on our test machine.

2 Likes

Jon,

Beta installed and it appears to resolve the Dropbox context menu issue. I will keep you informed if that changes. Thanks so much for this! Just another reason why Opus is great and HAS to be on every machine I own!

2 Likes

Opus Beta is installed and seems to work. As always, thanks for quickly looking into this.

1 Like

Hi - Found this thread because I was having the same problem. I reinstalled Dropbox and Opus which didn't fix it but happy to confirm the beta has fixed my issues too. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

The problem has reoccurred. I don't know what Dropbox is doing and it is frustrating. Dropbox is now 160.4.4703 and context menu is not working on Dopus 12.9.2 beta 1 or 2.

Do you mean 12.29.2?

Yes. Now after a reboot the context menu is working again. Crazy. Thanks for all your help in this. Before the reboot I could not get the context menu to work either in DOpus or Windows Explorer. Now it is working.

Probably not an Opus issue in that case. :smiley:

Agreed. But I think the previous issue was Dropbox and not Opus! Thanks.

But if Dropbox isn't working anywhere, even in File Explorer, then it's best to report the issue to Dropbox themselves. We aren't Dropbox support here. :slight_smile:

I wasn't getting a context menu but then I noticed I had Dropbox sync paused. When I restarted sync, the context menu appeared.

1 Like

Sadly this is affecting me too with Dropbox v184.4.6543. The context menu items show up correctly in Windows Explorer but not Directory Opus. Is there any current workaround to this problem?

I found that when I was in the Dropbox folder with the full path and not a symlink, the context menu worked. That is the path c:/users/NAME/Dropbox.

The context menu for folders in Dropbox using DOPUS does not include the share option. The workaround is to use File Explorer if you wish to share a a Dropbox folder.

As long as I use the full path to Dropbox and not a symlink, I can share Dropbox folders in DOpus.