Dropbox Context Menu not showing

The context menu for folders in Dropbox using DOPUS does not include the share option. The workaround is to use File Explorer if you wish to share a a Dropbox folder.

1 Like

As long as I use the full path to Dropbox and not a symlink, I can share Dropbox folders in DOpus.

I can't get this to work. If I navigate to the Dropbox folder, the context menu does not include the share function.

When you navigate to Dropbox, does it have the full directory path in the DOpus nav bar?

C:/Users//Dropbox/

This is what I'm seeing:

C:\Users\autum\Dropbox\

Not sure why it has backslashes rather than forward slashes?

It just depends on where you copy from. I can see backslashes also. If you are seeing that, it should be working.

It doesn't work for me. Also, this thread seems to conclude that the source of the issue has to do with Dropbox, not DOPUS. However, the Dropbox share icon and function works OK with UltraExplorer (version 2.50 which is about 20 years old), which I used before discovering DOPUS. UltraExplorer is no longer available or supported so it's not possible that Dropbox would configure itself specifically to work with UltraExplorer. For some reason Opus is not picking up the share icon in the context menu when opening Dropbox folders or files.

1 Like

It's up to Dropbox's shell extension when it does or doesn't add items to the menu. We have zero control over that.

Then why does it work OK with UltraExplorer?

I have no idea. Possibly one program resolves the path to its real location and the other program doesn't, and Dropbox's code doesn't account for that properly? I can only guess. We don't have access to Dropbox's source code. You'd have to ask Dropbox why it adds the menu to some paths and not others.

Pretty much every other shell extension works in Opus, so Dropbox is doing something strange here. We don't treat it any differently to anything else. Nor do we call it differently from one folder or the other. It works in one but not the other. That points to a Dropbox issue, at least based on everything we know so far.

This doesn't make a lot of sense. UltraExplorer has been defunct for about 20 years. It is not available for download, and was abandoned by the developer. It doesn't make sense that today DropBox has code designed to work with UltraExplorer. I can get screen shots of the context menus if that would help.

The Dropbox context menu works fine for me and always has done, for what it's worth.

Here are the screenshots of the three file managers: UltraExplorer, File Explorer, and DOPUS:

Hi folks! Same problem here! My DB folder is on another phisical drive (D:). I did not have this problem a year ago, it worked fine, in the same setup. After the updates it dissapeared. Unfortunately I don't know if it is from DB or DO updates...please find a solution for us! PS: I have upgraded to win11 pro a few months ago and the problem is still here...10x for your help!

Here are some instructions on how to add Dropbox's context menu items to Opus:

https://resource.dopus.com/t/add-dropbox-items-to-dopus-context-menu/22923/5

I got this to work as a new button. I could not get it to work for the context menu, though I followed the instructions.

What went wrong? I tried six and they all work.

I used two of your codes (where do you get them?0. Neither worked. See screenshot.

I got it to work. Thanks.

The Dropbox share context menu function works with Opus 13. No more need to do a workaround.

1 Like