Dual or more than one viewer panel?

Hi, is it possible to have more than one, or dual, viewer panels (one for each lister, rather than a single viewer panel shared across listers)?

Listers are the top-level windows. You can have one viewer pane within each lister.

If you mean one per file display, for a total of two in a single lister, that isn't currently possible. You could open a standalone viewer window instead, but it would not be joined to the lister like the viewer pane is, so that may not be as convenient, depending on what you're aiming for.

Thanks Leo. I did mean "file display".

Are multiple viewer panes on the roadmap at all?

The use case is simply looking at multiple documents in different folders, where I need to pick and choose files in either folder (so neither viewer pane is "static").

Not a showstopper, but would be nice :slight_smile:

It may happen one day but isn't planned for the immediate future.

At the moment the best way to do that is to have two separate listers side by side. The side-snapping in Windows 7 (which is improved in Windows 10, especially on multi-monitor setups) can help a great deal there.

I have a couple of users here who would dearly love to have this feature (two viewer panes, one for each file display).

Has this capability moved any closer to "one day"? (Fingers crossed....)

Thanks,

Allen

1 Like

I think it'd be a useful addition, but we aren't currently working on it.

This may be an alternative:

Thanks, Leo. The button you suggested may help. BTW, the "drop XML button on toolbar" facility is extraordinarily convenient. I don't recall when it was introduced, but I'm continually delighted by it.

I hope some day dual file-display mode can provide dual embedded viewers. It's particular handy when two file displays are scroll-synched.

Happy new year,

Allen