GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

Dynamic SWITCHPATH v2.2

Changelog

v2.2 (03-04-2015)

• Fixed case sensitive checking on folders (described below)
  • Fixed error when canceling out of jump menu width dialog
  • Check for minimum dopus version

v2.1 (02-09-2014)

• Added: Expand to Tabs (currently only works if path of focused tab is one that exists in config file)
  • Added: Where to expand Source/Destination/Ask
  • Added: Options Menu
  • Added: Jump Width Dialog
  • Creates two global vars, dspOptions and dspJumpWidth

v2.0 (02-02-2014)

• Converted from batch script to jscript
  • Added: Jump List Menu

v1.0 (05-30-2012)

Overview
In case you’re wondering what happened to v1.0 look here (you’ll also find a description about the function of the script)

One new feature from v1.0 is the jump list which displays the entire config file in a menu, acting as a secondary favorite list and a gateway to getting to a switchpath group. The width of the jump menu can also be adjusted.

Usage
So far all possible commands in DOpus are:

DynSwitchPath or DynSwitchPath FORWARD will cycle forward
DynSwitchPath BACK will cycle backward
DynSwitchPath MENU=opt or DynSwitchPath MENU=options
DynSwitchPath MENU=jump or DynSwitchPath MENU=jumplist

Installation (script)
Put files…
dynamic_switchpath.js
dynamic_switchpath.txt
in
/dopusdata\Script AddIns

Installation (buttons) Look here for further instructions
Forward Button

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none" type="three_button"> <label>DSP_forward</label> <icon1>#default:goforward</icon1> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>DSP Forward</label> <icon1>#default:goforward</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>DynSwitchPath FORWARD</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>DSP Jump Menu</label> <icon1>#default:goforward</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>DynSwitchPath MENU=jump</instruction> </function> </button> </button>
Back Button

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none" type="three_button"> <label>DSP_back</label> <icon1>#default:goback</icon1> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>DSP Back</label> <icon1>#default:goback</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>DynSwitchPath BACK</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>DSP Options</label> <icon1>#default:goback</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>DynSwitchPath MENU=opt</instruction> </function> </button> </button>
NOTE: Right clicking the buttons is how to access the menus

Example of the configuration file
------dynamic_switchpath.txt-------
C:
D:<--------------------- Group 1
E:\

C:\Program Files
C:\Windows<----------- Group 2
C:\Windows\system32

Known Caveats

• Requires DO11 beta6 or greater
  • ConfFile: Paths must not end with a backslash () (with one exception, see below)
  • ConfFile: Cycling through drives root like C:\ and D:\ they must end with a backslash ()
  • ConfFile: Try to avoid duplicate path entries throughout the whole file, because the first one found will always run, never the second

Download
Dynamic_SWITCHPATH_v2.2.zip (5.56 KB)
Dynamic_SWITCHPATH_v2.1.zip (5.48 KB)
Dynamic_SWITCHPATH_v2.0.zip (4.07 KB)

I will be replying on every script update. Since editing the original post does not reflect changes at the forum home page (timestamp, etc), replying does. :slight_smile:

Updated to 2.1

I just found out the script (v2.1) has trouble runnin’ on windows 7 (at least for me).
The fix until the next script update is to delete all 4 occurances of…

.toLowerCase()

example:
if (line.toLowerCase() == srcPath.toLowerCase())
to
if (line == srcPath)

Then the upper/lowercase would all have to be correct in the config file to match your actual folders.

Hi,

Not sure if i’m being thick, but i can’t see a explanation of what exactly this script does. As a layman looking at this I have no idea really what it does.

Can you add a description or similar please.

thanks

The link in the overview section of the first post leads to a description.

Updated to 2.2

Sorry for delay…