Elevated Powershell Here and Command Prompt open red

The window is toxic red when opened through Tools - Powershell here (Admin).

It's a different color when opening from the Start menu or elsewhere in the system.

Also worth noting there isn't a message about how long some profile took to load.

The CLI command has arguments to change the color, or to make it not modify the default color at all when opening an admin prompt. You can edit the menu item you're using to change that if you wish.

1 Like

Thanks! Adding nocolor does the trick. That doesn't address the absence of the message at the top though, which appears when I open a Powershell window from Explorer or the Start menu. It shows how long profiles took to load.

It's no biggie visually, I was just wondering if Opus does something differently from the way MS do it, resulting in profiles being ignored.

That message doesn't appear when I run PowerShell. I don't know where it's coming from but it doesn't seem to be something that happens by default.

Maybe you have two versions of PowerShell installed (e.g. the one that comes with Windows, and the newer but incompatible version you can download from Github), or the way you are launching it normally runs some additional startup commands.

Opus just runs the default PowerShell executable and tells it which folder to CD to and, optionally, which colors to use.

Another possibility is that your PowerShell is set to run some extra commands by default, but doesn't run them when it's told to run some initial commands as it opens. (Opus uses those to tell it to CD and set colors.)

It might not appear for you because you don't have any profiles present. The default location for profiles is C:/Users/<username>/Documents/WindowsPowerShell/profile.ps1. More about it here and here.
I only have the default powershell that comes with Windows 10. Here's the difference:
Explorer/Start:

Opus:

Is there no way to change the default color of the elevated prompt when opened through the menu? The bright red is really painful to look at, I can't find any option in the settings.

The solution is discussed in the second and third posts in this thread.