Eliminate Recycler from Find results

When I perform a 'Find' operation it will often pick up many results from the Recycler. This bloats the results tally and can make the results harder to examine.

How can I do a 'Find' on, say c: and d: but not include the recycle bin(s) in the results?

Which version of Windows are you seeing this on?

Is the Recycler folder system+hidden?

This is on Win 7 64 bit.

CMD->attrib c:\recycler returns SH. The results include the Recycler whether I have 'Hide Protected OS Files' ticked or not in Dopus preferences.

Do you have a $Recycle.Bin folder as well as Recycler?

On my Windows 7 machine the folder is called $Recycle.Bin on all three drives.

[quote="leo"]Do you have a $Recycle.Bin folder as well as Recycler?

On my Windows 7 machine the folder is called $Recycle.Bin on all three drives.[/quote]

Me too. I suspect this system was updated from XP and the Recycler folders are left over recycle bins from XP.

Yes, the system was upgraded from XP to Win7.

However, I installed Win7 from a full install DVD to a fresh formatted HD while still using XP on the old HD, then formatted the XP disk and cloned it from the Win7 disk. So I'd be surprised (though not unwilling to believe!) that anything from the old OS remained in place.

But yes, I have $Recycle.bin and Recycler on my c:\system and d:\data partitions on HD0, though only $Recycle.bin on my HD1 second physical HD.

You are implying that that is the reason I am getting these results, I presume? If so, I understand that it's an OS problem and not Dopus but can you suggest a remedy?

I image my HD on shutdown each night so there's no risk in any particular course of action

Try deleting the 'recycler' folders.

Done! For some reason even with full admin status I was prevented from deleting it. But unlocking did the trick with no apparent problem.

Thanks for the assistance.