Enabling check box mode permanent?

Is it possible in DO to use checkbox mode permanent? Currently DO is switching to default select mode every time its started. I prefer to use checkbox mode always.
Is it possible to set this in options so checkbox mode is set permantly?

If not, could this be treated as a feature request?

thanks

No offense, but I consider above a workaround. Also, I don't even have a middle mouse button so not even workable for me.

Could DO please be improved by providing users the option to use checkbox mode permanently?

Thanks

You have a mouse without a scrollwheel?

My mouse does have a scrollwheel, but no middle mouse button.

Clicking the scrollwheel is usually a middle button unless it has been changed to something else in the mouse drivers / control panel.

Another alternative is to use Power Mode where you can change the left button action to toggle select, which is like File Explorer's checkbox mode but a lot less fiddly, since you don't have to aim at the tiny checkboxes for everything.

Edit, there's also a simple add-in which will turn on checkbox mode in all folders, here:

You may not be aware that you can push the scroll wheel down like a button (not roll, just press into it like you would a left or right mouse button) to give you a middle mouse button click.

This button can do other things. For example, in most web browsers, this will enable a scroll mode that lets you scroll up or down slowly when you've clicked the middle mouse button. Click that same button to turn off the scroll feature.