Error copying Excel properties

Hello, when i try to copy properties from an excel to another one, i get a crash with this error code. Could someone help me please?
My version is: 11.19 x64

Thanks

That Properties dialog is not part of Opus. It is part of Windows, with extra pages that can be added by shell extensions from 3rd party software.

It runs inside the process that launches it (Opus in this case, Explorer if you open it via Explorer, and so on), but is not our code. If a plugin DLL crashes inside the Opus process, it will crash Opus, but may not be Opus's fault. The crash dialog indicates the thread which is crashing is not one of Opus's own threads, which makes it more likely to be the plugin DLL which is at fault.

You should see the same Properties dialog and pages if you do the same thing in Explorer.

Do you get the same result if you do the same thing in Explorer?

I posted this because i don't have any trouble by using windows explorer

If any crash dumps were generated, please send them to us so we can take a look, but they may just confirm that the crash is inside another DLL, since the whole dialog is not part of Opus.

(That could still be useful as it might tell you which component to try updating or to forward the crash dumps to to see if they can tell why their code is crashing.)

Okay, where i should upload it?

Thank you.

Details of where to send it are in the crash dumps post I linked.

Sent! Thanks

I suspect this Windows 7 hotfix will correct things:

From the crash dump:

• No Opus code at all is running on the thread which is crashing.
  • docprop.dll looks to be the DLL which implements the Properties dialog page, and is likely to be causing the crash (oleaut32.dll could be as well, but from the context of what the dump shows it is much less likely to be involved).
  • That DLL is part of Windows, as is all the code running on the thread for the whole Properties dialog, including the Custom properties page shown for XLS files.
  • That DLL is still the Windows 7 RTM (first, original release) version, indicating no hotfix or update has ever been installed for the DLL causing the problem.
  • That implies the hotfix linked above, which fixes a nearly identical crash, is not installed.

So the hotfix is probably what you need to fix things, and we are doing Microsoft's technical support for them here. :slight_smile:

Hello! sorry for my late answer, i just spent the last weekes to test it. The problem now is solved. Thank you so much for the support! Long live Directory opus! :muscle: