Error in thread 'dopus_lister' when launching. (NVidia NView may be involved.)

Hi,

DO crashes when launching it even after a fresh install since 12.7.1 update. I can't use it anymore.

See screenshot attached :

oP1
OP2
OP3

Thanks for your help

Please locate and submit any crash dump files that may have been created (instructions are here).

Files provided via Email ( crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au ) with the following Subject :
Related to "Error occured in thread ‘dopus_lister’ when launching Directory Opus 12.7.1 (Pro) "

The crash appears to be caused by nviewH64.dll, which is part of NVidia's drivers/software.

We can't see much more than that as we don't have source code or debug symbols for NVidia's DLL, but it appears this DLL is the cause of crashes in several other programs: google search results for 'nviewh64.dll crash'.

Those threads may contain solutions, but the first thing I would try is updating the NVidia drivers, if they are not up-to-date already, and if that does not fix things, try turning off the NView feature if possible to see if it really is involved.

I was using last version of nvidia drivers (387.95) provided by Dell for my work station. Updating to last WHQL drivers directly from NVIDIA (390.65) solved this problem.

Thanks for your help, you can close this topic if needed

1 Like