Error Message with Icaros Video Columns' Script

Found out what is going on
Folder has Icaros Columns
Audio tracks Subtitle tracks Contains chapters
Folder contains a .mkv with Audio, Subtitles and Chapters they are shown in the column no Script log
Folder contains a .mkv with Audio, Chapters then Script log as Subtitle column is empty.
Folder contains an file that does not have Audio, Subtltles or chapters e.g JPG

Going back up to the show folder script error for every folder

None of those are script errors though. It's just saying the column is empty for those files (which makes sense; they're jpegs).

Will carry on watching

That's what I'm getting now as well: https://resource.dopus.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/8/e855bb124e8d59cf50f158136d1fd33ab1084a23.png

Not errors, as you've stated, Leo, but when the cross appears in the bottom of my lister, it looks like it is an error initially until I look at the logs generated.

By "cross" do you mean the white ! in a red circle?

2020-07-21 23-20-34 Clipboard Image

That should only appear when there are errors in the log, not just diagnostic messages. Try scrolling up in case there were errors earlier in the log to what you're looking at.

It's a good idea to clear the log after each time you check it, as well, to make sure you aren't looking at old messages.

You're right (of course), Leo. It's an exclamation mark that appears and I clear it each time it appears. I've not noticed any errors after you're script update. Thanks. I will, of course, update you on anything else if I notice anything.

I had decided to move a folder
F:\Music to D:\Downloads Win10 neither have Icaros
Clicked on move button when I noticed The script exclamation at first did not see anything
scrolled up and down the list a few times before seeing the error message.

Moved folder back To F:\ got the same error message

Once a log file is being viewed in the Utility panel
Every folder I go into creates a output but only for what is displayed in the lister window
but on scrolling down a new output is output for every file
Even though there are no Icaros columns don't know whether this should happen.

That most likely means the script is being triggered and asking Windows for the metadata just as the folder is moved, so it fails. We'll improve things there so it doesn't cause a script error. Thanks!

It's because you are using the script column to label files, assuming your setup is like the one earlier in the thread:

The script column will be calculated for every file and folder, when they become visible, to see if they should turn red.

(You might want to add a clause to your label/filter so that it only checks the script column for things which are in the Movies and/or Audio file type group, or similar. That would avoid some unnecessary overhead.)

The label Audio_2.0 has been unticked since I posted the screen shot.
The label was only in 1 folder MiPony.
Have just unticked it and it only causes script output in Mipony and sub folders.
As it now does not do what I wanted I have removed it.

That change is done and will be in the next beta.

It was already unticked but you just unticked it? :slight_smile:

It was probably still turned on for the folder format. Make sure you're editing it via Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats to be sure, and close/re-open any existing windows after changing it, to ensure they aren't using old data.

If it still happens, see if the label is there if you use Folders > Folder Options from the file display. If it is, the label is still saved somewhere. It could be another format in the list, or if might be coming from the Default Lister, or a Layout or a Folder Tab Group (if they have been configured to override the normal formats). Hovering the mouse pointer over the format lock on the status bar will pop-up a tooltip with information about where the current format comes from.

Have just unticked it and it only causes script output in Mipony and sub folders.
Should have said Ticked it.

The last couple of days I have been getting the ! mark but when opening the Utility Panel there are no errors

You might have another script that is clearing the log when it runs, perhaps. If it ran after the error happened, the error icon would be on the status bar but the log would be cleared and not show you what the error was.

If you search any installed scripts for DOpus.ClearOutput, any that contain it could be clearing the log.

Look at all scripts but could not find DOpus.ClearOutput in any of them.

Have installed 12.21 beta 3 and have not had any more Script errors.
Will keep watching