Explorer Replacement not happening

(Thread split from 12.9.3/4 beta: Erratic behavior of Explorer Replacement as it's a different issue.)

I am running the latest version of DOPUS and still have this issue happening to me (also found here: Open Folder from Desktop -> Opens in Win Explorer)

If you type /dopusdata/ConfigFiles into the Opus path field, then open prefs.oxc and search for </fonts>, just above it there should be a line line the one highlighted here:

If the opening tag on that line is <code,> instead of <code> then the config file must not have been re-saved since 12.9.3 was installed. (See my previous reply for what to do in that case.)

If it has <code> then whatever is happening is a separate issue:

• What are you settings under Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement?

• Do the main Opus window titlebars say "ADMINISTRATOR"? If so, the whole dopus.exe process is running elevated, and UAC will block Explorer Replacement from functioning.

• Does the problem affect all folders, or just ones on the desktop?

• How are you opening the folders?

It reads code <code> on the line for me.

For the explorer replacement preference, I have the 2nd option selected (replace Explorer for all file system folders.

I don't have DOPUS running as administrator/elevated.

This happens from the desktop when I double-click on a folder. If I find a folder through the start menu, such as My Documents, and open it normally it also opens in Explorer and not DOPUS.

The issue can't be the problem from 12.9.3/4 which this thread was about in that case.

It sounds like Explorer Replacement isn't working for you at all?

If you right-click a folder on the desktop, is there an Open in Directory Opus option in the menu? What happens if you click it?

On my PC the right click context menu does not show any Directory Opus options.

You're not using a portable install or anything like that?

It sounds like either the Opus DLLs involved in the context menu and explorer replacement are not installed or something on your system has disabled or blocked them.

Could you show us a screenshot of these two Preferences pages?

I'm using the full application install, nothing portable.

Here are the pictures:

Please try selecting Don't Replace Explorer, then reboot the machine.

After the reboot, change it back to the setting it was on before, and wait 20 seconds.

That should ensure the registry values used by Explorer Replacement are re-written.

Does it work then?

1 Like

Yes, it works now. Thank you so much!

1 Like