Explorer replacement not working correctly after upgrading to windows 11

Hi,

Since i upgraded to W11, DO doesn't replaces fully Explorer anymore.

In preferences, under "Explorer Replacement" it's set as: Replace Explorer for all file system folders (recommended)
Under "From the Win + E hotkey" as Open the Default Lister.
In Misc/Advanced: global_explorer_replacement+ set to True
In Archive context menu: Enable Archive Context menu.

So, the problem is:

-When pressing Win + E it opens Explorer instead of a DO lister;
-When a new drive (USB) is inserted, it opens automatically on Explorer;
-If i have a zip file on the desktop and double click it it opens on Explorer;
-If i open the trashbin it opens in explorer.

Any clue?

thanks.

Turning Explorer Replacement off and on again is probably all you need to do.

Of course i tried that, still the same situation.

The default setting for that is False. Try resetting it if you're seeing related issues.

Which folder is opening in File Explorer when you push Win + E?

That's controlled via AutoPlay settings in Windows. There should be an option to use Opus there.

Make sure Preferences / Zip & Other Archives / Zip Files / Make Opus the system default handler for Zip files is on.

If it was on already, Windows might be overriding it. Right-click a zip and use Open With > Choose Default Program (or similar; Microsoft rename it every few years).

Recycle Bin won't be taken over with the "all filesystem folders" mode, since it's not a real folder, and Opus can't add much value to it anyway, as most things won't work in it. It's normal for it to open an Explorer window, although you can make it open in Opus if you really want to.

In Misc/Advanced: global_explorer_replacement+ set to True
The default setting for that is False. Try resetting it if you're seeing related issues.

yes, i tried setting it to True while trying to fix it.
I just set it back to False.

When pressing Win + E it opens Explorer instead of a DO lister
Which folder is opening in File Explorer when you push Win + E?

Home

When a new drive (USB) is inserted, it opens automatically on Explorer
That's controlled via AutoPlay settings in Windows. There should be an option to use Opus there.

Ok, found and fixed this part.

If i have a zip file on the desktop and double click it it opens on Explorer
Make sure Preferences / Zip & Other Archives / Zip Files / Make Opus the system default handler for Zip files is on.

It is. :frowning:

If it was on already, Windows might be overriding it. Right-click a zip and use Open With > Choose Default Program (or similar; Microsoft rename it every few years).

Ok, done that, fixed this part too.

If i open the trashbin it opens in explorer.
Recycle Bin won't be taken over with the "all filesystem folders" mode, since it's not a real folder, and Opus can't add much value to it anyway, as most things won't work in it. It's normal for it to open an Explorer window, although you can make it open in Opus if you really want to.

Ok, i'll skip this one then.

The only remaining one is Win + E (not so important but i'm still curious).

thanks

Make sure no compatibility settings are on for dopus.exe or the installer, then try re-running the installer. That may fix the component involved in intercepting Win+E.

I've just done a test on an up-to-date* Windows 11 system and it still works OK there for me, so it should work.

(* The current normal build; not an Insider Build.)

That fixed it.

Thanks!

1 Like