Export settings from portable version

Hi all,

I exported DO with all my settings and layouts as USB Dongle version and use it on my Laptop. Everything is working fine.
Meanwhile I installed my 2nd (full) licence to the laptop. This version comes as default.

Is there now a possibility to transfer the settings of the portable version to the installed version?
Unfortunatly the export function is greyed out in the portable version.

Im asking because im in vaction and have no access to my home PC atm. :frowning:

Thanks

Hi!

Yes, its possible manually.
BACK UP YOUR USB FOLDER FIRST!!! (like D:\DOPUS)
to make sure you dont lose any settings. On my USB drive i go into the DOpus folder (like D:\DOPUS\ with the folders: buttons, collections, configfiles etc.), and copy everything to my local PC drive where the DOpus configuration is saved (on my win10 its: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus) overwriting everything.

In short:
D:\DOPUS
copy everything to:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus

1 Like

Not all the folders under a USB version go to AppData\Roaming, but the ones you're likely to care about do. I'd avoid copying any folders which don't already exist under AppData\Roaming.

(The FAQs have a breakdown of what all the config folders do if you need it.)

(You can use the Edit > Select Other menu to easily select the folders in one side that also exist in the other side.)

That said, once they're selected, it's best to then copy them somewhere else, then use File > Exit Directory Opus, and finally copy them to the real location using File Explorer. Copying the config files while Opus is running will lose some of the config data as it's already in memory and would be overwritten when Opus exits.

1 Like

Hey both,

wow, it worked. Quite more simple than I expected. :slight_smile:

Thank you