External Compare and Merge Tools 2.0

The merge buttons have a bug
ExternalCompare Product WinMerge Merge
Should be
ExternalCompare Product WinMerge Command Merge

As for WinmergeV2, if the command line args are the same it should work. If the command line arguments have changed check the Configuration of a new tool details in the first post.

@wowbagger receive the following when selecting EllieComputing:

Attempted holding shift and clicking button again, but same result.
Please advise.
Thanks!

the menu needs updating. Its missing the word Command, on the second line of the button. Also there is a bug where it's not showing the name of the exe correctly. Will update when at home.

If you update your button it should work.
From this

@icon:#ExternalCompare:EllieComputing,$glob:ExternalCompareMerge+EllieComputing
ExternalCompare Product EllieComputing Merge

Should be this

@icon:#ExternalCompare:EllieComputing,$glob:ExternalCompareMerge+EllieComputing
ExternalCompare Product EllieComputing Command Merge

Works, thanks!

I'm trying to install this, and I cannot get the button to show any icons. What am I doing wrong?

I've installed the script and it is enabled. I have then dragged the ExternalCompare.dcf file onto my toolbar after entering Customize Toolbar modeā€¦

But I still get this:

I don't get it?

You can edit the individual buttons in the menu via Settings > Customize. They will be pointing to icons in exe files which aren't in the same place (or aren't anywhere, potentially) on your system.

Ahhh okay, thanks! Sorry, I thought that the icons were all supposed to be there, but greyed out if the paths weren't configured (as per this post External Compare and Merge Tools 2.0).

As always, well impressed with the speed with which you give help here Leo!

The icons are included in the ExternalCompare.osp, which also includes the script.
Assuming that package is installed and enabled then they should appear.

1 Like

I've taken the liberty of modifying the icons provided to better display with a dark theme. Some icons I left untouched, but tried to ensure every program had at least one good alternate.

ExternalCompareLight.dis (104.3 KB)

1 Like

This confused me a little, so I hope it helps someone in future.
The included toolbar has a small bug: The command for all right click buttons (when it supports merge) is:

ExternalCompare Product PRODUCT_NAME Merge

When it actually should be:

ExternalCompare Product PRODUCT_NAME Command Merge

I hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

working a treat for me with WinMerge. much appreciated.

1 Like

In DOpus13, an issue when using global var.

@icon:#ExternalCompare:BeyondCompare3,$glob:ExternalCompare+BeyondCompare4

the code above will report an error.
so I modified like this:
for script:

matchedCommand.resourceKey = (typeof(matchedCommand.Executable) == "undefined") ? "ExternalCompare_"+matchedCommand.product : "ExternalCompare_"+matchedCommand.product+"_"+matchedCommand.commandName;

for button:
@icon:#ExternalCompare:BeyondCompare3,$glob:ExternalCompare_BeyondCompare4

change "+" to "_"

2 Likes

how did you find this ??? I had the following error but I didn't even know where to look.
I checked the script, but didn't think of checking the button.

02/02/2024 11:10 Evaluator:  Error at line 1, position 31
Unknown value (6): WinMerge
!!($glob:ExternalCompareMerge+WinMerge)

And why does it fix the issue ? (replacing + by _ )

In the buttonļ¼Œthe first line ļ¼Œ@icon command use $glob:var.
not in the script.

$glob:ExternalCompareMerge+WinMerge

the string "WinMerge" after "+" will be treated as a variable. this is an issue in DO13, not DO12

I had the same issue after upgrading to v13, I meant: what information guided you to the button code ?
There was no indication on my side, only "Evaluator: Error at line 1, position 31" which didn't help me to locate the code.

And also, I was wondering why replacing "+" by "_" would fix the issue ? What is the reason behind this fix ?

thank you :slight_smile:

I test many times, and finally found "line 1" is in the button.