Extra Icons/Objects on toolbar

This is weird and I finally decided to ask. I am running on Vista but have also seen this on XP. I have a floating toolbar where I have all sorts of applications, menus, functions, etc. But for dome reason, some applications show up on the bar uninvited. When I click on customize to remove them they disappear from the bar. If I go to normal mode they appear back. Some of these are , Rhaphsody, Windows Update, Winzip. Anyone know why and how I can remove them?

Bob

What is on the bar, where the icon used to be, when you enter customize mode?

The icons just go away and the bar compresses. I am ataching images.

...and the Start Menu item appears in their place.

I bet that item has this command on it, which will turn into the contents of your start menu and explains what's going on.

Thank You. I hunted down the shortcuts that is was picking up and deleted them. All fixed!

Glad you're fixed up but...

???

If you didn't want the items appearing, why didn't you just take off the FOLDERCONTENTS argument from the command on the button? I'm just curious... It sounded like killing the patient to cure the cancer :slight_smile:.

I tried that but when I did, clicking on the button just opened up the folder in DOPUS and I wanted all of the folders displayed as a menu. I could not figure out how to do both and I did not want those shortcuts there anyway.

You could create a submenu and then within that have a FOLDERCONTENT button which points to the "Start Menu\Programs" folders for your user and the All Users if you just want to avoid having the top-level Start Menu icons included.