(False alarm) Issue copying from ZIP and switching folder

Hi,

I try to describe the possible issue I've just discovered. Latest DO (x64) version btw.

When double clicking any ZIP file from within DO of course, to see its content and starting a copy process from the ZIP container from the left file display to the right one, I see a small window with the current progress - that's all fine so far!

However, when leaving the ZIP file, e.g. switching one level up where the ZIP file is actually stored, the progress window stalls and cannot be closed anymore. At least not immediately.

I guess DO creates a temporary extraction file when opening the ZIP and uses this one for the copy process. I further assume that when leaving the ZIP container, this temporary file gets deleted, hence the programms window freezes somehow.

Is this correct, can sbdy. confirm this behaviour?

Michael

That isn't normal, and doesn't happen here from a quick test.

What does the progress dialog look like? Could you post a screenshot?

How are you starting the copy? e.g. The Copy Files toolbar button, or drag & drop?

Leo,

sorry for confusion. I just noticed this is NOT the case!

Just started a second try. Obviously the whole copy process lasts very long, to be precisely: the external device is very slow and the file to be copied is very large (about 2.2 GB), hence it looks like the copy progress has stalled - it has not as noted above.

So, sorry for posting, I've marked this thread as solved now!

Michael

1 Like