Fast search with Everything v2

All that ET does is pass a search string to Everything. For example:

If nothing is found could it be that your NAS has not been indexed by Everything?

If I do the same search twice

the first one from the location of my NAS (I go with DO directly to the right directory and then I launch "Everything")
Here is the result:

It's OK I have good information

If I go to the same directory, but using the shortcut I often use in my "Favorites", here are the results, where there is nothing

The indexation of my NAS is therefore not in question, in my opinion

I see that your NAS is mapped to the drive letter N: and if you look in Everything options you should see that N: is indexed. This would explain why your search succeeds in the first example but not in the second where you are referencing the NAS via its IP address rather than a mapped drive letter.

I had seen this difference, but would not have thought that was the problem.

I changed the path in my "Favorites" to "N:" instead of the IP address and now it's perfect.

Thank you Aussieboykie for your help, have a good summer :grinning:

First of all Thank you so much for the script & Buttons. The et button does not work for me. I don't know what i am missing?

I don't change any installation location

If you add One more button in your menu for search file type audio will be very useful.
2019-11-04_17-50-53

Khalid

Your first screen grab shows that Everything didn't find the file you selected in Opus. This suggests that there is a problem with its index. Try rebuilding it:

If there is still a problem make sure you have installed Everything Service.

Once the basics are working properly you can use Everything's build in Audio filter, as shown in your second screen grab, to refine you search to just audio files.

Ok Thank you aussieboykie for replay. I am Reinstall Everything v1.4.1.935. Now es & et both button are works fine.

Second Things, I just Try to make a button in Opus for search a specific file type, which button will work via everything search. But I am failed.

A simple example would be et ext:jpg to search for all jpg filies.
or et ext:jpg | ext:png to include both jpg and png files in your search
or et size:>2mb ext:jpg | ext:png to limit to selected images larger than 2mb

Check out Everything's search syntax for many other useful options.
e.g. et audio: to search for all audio files

Also remember that you can execute all of these as "instant" commands in Opus.
Just type > followed by the command you want to run.

I get this error message:

...although es.exe is in:

C:\Windows\System32\es.exe

That isn't where the main post at the top says it expects to find es.exe. There's also a configuration setting which can be used if you have it in a different place, which the post mentions and also shows in the screenshot. (But I would still not put it in System32; leave that for parts of Windows itself.)

Thanks for the script. I added new dialog, history, and naming using time.
new:

• Tool bar button:
    Everything.dcf (12.5 KB)
  • Packaged icon:
    ets (v2.4.6g).osp (10.9 KB)
    dlg.Control("static3").label = "D:\\Icons\\Everything24.ico"; //Icon
    dlg.Control("static3").label = Script.LoadImage("Everything24.ico"); //Icon

v2.4.8k
User-defined command: fbtl

ets-v2.4.8k.osp (49.4 KB)

v2.4.9k
Reduce response time.
ets-v2.4.9k.osp (49.6 KB)
Buttons:
Everything.dcf (12.5 KB)
3Buttons_Everything.dcf (1.0 KB)

Does anyone know if work is being done to have Opus work with the 1.50.xxxx release of Everything, either 32 bit or 64 bit?.

I'm using 64bit, I think there should be no difference, if the script doesn't work for you, open Everything-1.5a.ini and modify:
alpha_instance=0

2WKen

Thanks for the info. I now am using Everything 1.5.0.1333a_64.7z. It requires:
1. Rename Everything64.exe to Everything.exe
2. In Everything-1.5a.ini, set alpha_instance=0

Hello. Who knows why Everything v.1.5 doesn't search for files on offline disks. there was no such problem in 1.4

Why not ask on the Everything forum?

Because I use it only with my copy of great DOpus))
forum says:

Everything will keep your encrypted drive up-to-date when unlocked.
Everything will keep a copy of the filenames on your encrypted volume.
This will allow you to search and view filenames when your volume is locked.

but the last statement is incorrect

Maybe you can find a hint here. Seems that generally you can monitor offline disks.

https://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42838&hilit=offline+disks#p42838

1 Like

You may use it with Opus, but questions about it that don't involve Opus do not really belong in this forum, and definitely not in this thread.

Please avoid hijacking threads in the Buttons/Scripts area for random questions, as it makes it harder for people to find information about the actual Button/Script the thread is about. It's fine to start a new thread in Help & Support, or Off-Topic as appropriate, although in this case the Everything forum would make more sense and have more knowledgeable people.

3 Likes