Feature request: Cloud storage integration

Alright, I didn't get many takers when I was mentioning this last time, but I really think this could be a killer feature of DOpus going forward: Allow people to see their cloud storage in DOpus just like any other (network) file system. Lots of people now use things like SkyDrive, DropBox, Google whatever, etc., etc. It would be great if we could handle files "in the cloud" transparently in Opus.

Who's with me on that?

Love it - cracking idea.

Not sure if the various providers would be willing to partner with GPS to achieve it, but if they can, brilliant.

There's a plugin API which would allow people to do this, and we'd be happy to give extensive help to anyone who was serious about writing a plugin for any of the services.

Adding some more info/thoughts I typed for another thread, just so it's all in one place for people who search the forum:

DropBox should work already via DropBox's own software.

I don't know much about SkyDrive or Amazon S3 beyond the basics.

We have a plugin API which would let anyone interested enough in those things write the support themselves, and we'd be happy to provide help to anyone who wanted to do so.

It's not something we are looking at ourselves, at least at this time, since it would require a lot of time & effort for each individual service, and there is no clear winner right now. We'd either spend a huge amount of time trying to support them all, or only please a tiny handful of people, neither of which seem worth it to us at this time.

Absolutely - I want full access to MEGA.NZ cloud storage through Directory Opus