File Modified Dates

Kind of a unique need . . .

Needing a neat solution to modify the 'file modified' date of specific folders and file contents during copy from local hard drive to network to that of the file copy date for all. Only need (and want) this for a specific software need (FYI, the software recognizes 'file modified' dates to present 'new' folders/files to me in an easy to access method . . . . it disregards any folders/files dates prior to the last copy). For all other copying, I do want to retain all file attributes including the times during folder/file copying.

I realize I could remove the checkbox of retain date during file copy but then I'd have to remember to recheck each time.

If I've explained myself well enough, any thoughts/ideas on how best to do this so I'm not faced with this reliance upon memory to reengage the default setting?

Thanks

You could make a button which runs:

Copy COPYFILETIMES=no COPYDIRTIMES=no

and use that when you don't want the existing times to be preserved.

Making the normal copy button do it when e.g. Shift is held down is also easy.

Making the normal copy button do it automatically for certain paths can be done using @ifpath and more complex logic can be done using scripting, but you'd have to work out exactly how you want to define when the dates are and are not copied.