File properties of audio and image files are sometimes not displayed

I have a folder in which the properties of files are sometimes not displayed (runtime and bit rate for audiofiles, dimensions for images).
The format was set via the path format.
If I have files in the folder and the properties are not displayed, all I have to do is change the name by one character or copy the file in the same folder or move it back and forth between two folders. The properties then appear.
Here is a video with two tabs. Both tabs have the same path format.
https://youtu.be/Qhjc0YZYlZ4
It happens in the version 13 but also in the last months in version 12.

Is pushing F5 to refresh the folder enough to make the information appear?

If so, it's possible something was locking the files against other readers the first time Opus tried to get the information from them.

No, F5 doesn't change something. The informations appear only after changing the filename, or copy the file in the same folder or move it.

What about exit and restart of Opus? Does the data stay missing then?

After restart DO it's the same issue. Also after a complete restart.

I’m not sure what’s going on in that case. If renaming the file is enough to fix it, and restarting without renaming doesn’t fix it, then it doesn’t make sense unless something is blocking access to the file until it is renamed, which is very odd.

Yes, it is puzzling.
And something I just noticed after restarting DO: renaming, moving or copying the file doesn't solve the problem.
After the restart, the properties are not displayed even after changing, copying or moving the files.
Only after rebooting the computer does it work again.

When you restart Opus, are you using File > Exit Directory Opus, or just closing the window?

I use file > exit DO.

If you want, generate some process snapshots while the information isn't being displayed. We can check those to see if the metadata thread is stuck somewhere. Here are the instructions:

A process monitor log of what happens when the directory is read (and for a few seconds afterwards) may also reveal something. (Please also tell us the full path to one of the files that had a problem, so we can find it in the log.) Instructions for making those: