Filename color change - strange :)

I am using a pure default vers of Directory Opus 12, vers 12.9 Yesterday all the filenames in my listers were black. I left a few listers open and today when I went to use a lister everything looked the same until I clicked a file and then all the filenames turned pink! Any ideas why?

Thanks

Check the digital signatures (using the Properties dialog) of the program and DLL files (in C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus) as it sounds like something may have corrupted them.

OK, I have done that, they all say 'this digital signature is ok' Should I reinstall just in case?

That's worth trying.

Backup your config first, using Settings > Backup & Restore.

Then uninstall Opus via the usual control panel. (This will wipe your config, which is why you want to make the backup first.)

Reboot, then check nothing is left of the C:\Program Files\GPSoftware folder. If anything is still there, delete it.

Then run the installer, and once Opus is installed again you can restore your config backup.

I decided to do a complete reinstall. Used the control panel, deleted Opus, and rebooted. The entire GPSoftware directory was deleted. Installed Opus v12.10, kept all the defaults, and still some, but not all, file names and directory names are pink. It is random.

Was it like that before loading the config backup?

Is anything defined under Preferences / Favorites and Recent / Label Assignments that is making some files pink?

Labels can also be defined as part of folder options/formats, so if there is nothing there, try opening Folder > Folder Options, then check the Labels tab, when viewing a folder where there are some pink files.

Was it like that before loading the config backup?

I never saved my config, this is a pure new install

Is anything defined under Preferences / Favorites and Recent / Label Assignments that is making some files pink?

That is empty

Labels can also be defined as part of folder options/formats, so if there is nothing there, try opening Folder > Folder Options, then check the Labels tab, when viewing a folder where there are some pink files.

Also empty.

This just started happening today and I changed nothing on the PC.

After reinstalling, did you load your licence/certificate into the licence manager? Is it definitely the right one?

Yes, of course :slight_smile:

Could you post a screenshot so we know exactly what we're talking about?

Normal color

Pink

That's the Compressed File color. Something has turned on conpression for the files and folders which are pink. You can see the C attribute has been set on them, and isn't set on the other files which look normal.

You can configure the color under Preferences / Display / Colors & Fonts.

Interesting, I never turned on compression. I did not notice the C in the attributes, I'm glad I included that in the screengrab :slight_smile:
Thanks!