Filter on relative date?

I'm guessing (or perhaps hoping) that this can be done. I'd like to define a TODAY filter that will select all files modified TODAY, no matter what the current date. It's easy enough to create a named filter that works with absolute dates but can the same thing be done with relative dates - e.g. between -7 and 0 for the last week, or =0 for today only?

Regards, AB

Date Match Modified Within 1 day ?

Looks promising but I'm unsure how to apply since I'm still a bit new to all of this stuff. An example of a button that selects, or filters, all modified within one day would be appreciated.

Regards, AB

Sorry, you said "It's easy enough to create a named filter that works with absolute dates" so I assumed you would know how to do this.

Use the Advanced Selection dialog (click the Select button in the toolbar and then click advanced) and create a filter as suggested above. Save it with a name of your choosing. Then define a button or hotkey to invoke the filter using the Select FILTER command.

How embarrassing! I somehow contrived to completely miss the "within" option on every occasion I looked at this, and of course "within" is precisely what I need and exactly what you suggested.

Thank you. AB

I'm trying to do the exact same thing as the original poster - and I don't have a "within" option as can be seen in the attached screenshot. Help!

And of course I found the answer straight away. I chose "Date/Time" rather than "Date" - hadn't realized there were separate options!

[quote="jon"]Sorry, you said "It's easy enough to create a named filter that works with absolute dates" so I assumed you would know how to do this.

Use the Advanced Selection dialog (click the Select button in the toolbar and then click advanced) and create a filter as suggested above. Save it with a name of your choosing. Then define a button or hotkey to invoke the filter using the Select FILTER command.[/quote]

Hi,
I am trying to create this filter. So far unsuccessful. Searched the forum and arrived at this topic.
But looks like Code and attachments in this topic string are missing.

I request Jon to post the filter code once again

Is this what you need?