Find (Simple) Tool

Is there any way to add a check box to the drives listed in the Add Folder window of the Find (Simple) Tool? I would like the possibility (like I had in version 8) to choose several of the drives at once (but not all of them), and I find having to enter them individually rather tedious.
Failing that, can I modify the Local Harddrives entry so that it contains only a subset of the drives it now lists by default?
Failing that as well, can I replace the Find Tool of version 9 with that of version 8?
Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

You can drag & drop folders and drives to the list, see [url]The Find dialog getting on my nerves].

Cheers,
Jan

It was faster with the checkbox interface... it would be nice to have that back again... with an additional ability to expand the drives and select folders with checkboxes, to select them as targets for multiple folder search.

Do you search different sets of multiple drives/folders that often? If it's the same sets most of the time then you can make a button which opens the find window with those things selected, giving you the result in a single click. (See the thread Enigma linked for details.)

For mutliple folders, you can drag & drop them to the search list. Not quite as nice as checkboxes in all situations, I agree (and I'm not against the checkbox idea at all), but it works, at least for someone like me who doesn't search multiple folders that often.