Folder and File icons in Status Bar

I would like to know how to show folder and file icons in the status bar when a folder or file is selected.

I posted this question here :
[Finding "Stuff")

[This is to Leo, Admin, I'm sorry, this post is off-subject, but can you tell me how to get the folder and file icons in the Status bar that is shown in your picture of the Find Panel?
Thank you and again, sorry! Embarassed)

If you search the help for "Status Bar Control Sequences" you should find a page with a chart of the different codes you can use in your status bars. For example {i:dir} is the code for a standard folder icon while {i:file} is the code for a standard file icon. If you want to use a special icon that represents a specific kind of file you could use something like {i:txt} which show the icon for text files.

if it helps to clear things up for you, below is my status bar configuration for a single pane lister and a screen grab of how it looks.

<b><#008000> {ls}</#></b> <b><#000080> {sd}/{td}</#></b> selected/total {i:dir} <b><#000080>{sf}/{tf}</#></b> selected/total {i:.settings} <b><#000080>{si}/{ti}</#></b> selected/total items {h!}<b><#cc0000>({hi} hidden)</#></b>{h!} <b><#000080>{sba}/{tba}</#></b> selected/total bytes {width650} {fl} Media is <b>{bg+C1=#00ff00,C2=#ff0000,F2,G2}</b> full with <b>{df}</b> free

Oops, a slight correction here. To display a specific file type icon in the status bar use code like {i:.txt} instead of {i:txt} that I mentioned last time.

Lots of status bar examples in this thread.

In addition to what Leo posted, after I reread your post again I think I missed what you were really asking us. If you only want to display the number of selected folders (and the folder icon) when one or more folders are selected, you use status bar code like the following.

{h!} Selected Folders: {sd} {i:dir}{h!}

If no folders are selected then nothing displays in the status bar. If one or more folders are selected, then the count and the folder icon is displayed.

[quote="JohnZeman"]In addition to what Leo posted, after I reread your post again I think I missed what you were really asking us. If you only want to display the number of selected folders (and the folder icon) when one or more folders are selected, you use status bar code like the following.

{h!} Selected Folders: {sd} {i:dir}{h!}

If no folders are selected then nothing displays in the status bar. If one or more folders are selected, then the count and the folder icon is displayed.[/quote]

Thank you for your reply.

What I liked was the picture of the file or folder with the numbers selected e.g (picture of file) 0/11 (no files selected of 11), it looked cool! I could only get '0/11 files selected' in text only, takes up too much room on the status bar. I haven't got used to scripts and codes yet, but I'll try the codes you've suggested and look at the ones Leo/Admin linked. Thanks for that!