Folder defaults to checkbox mode

Hello.

I have purchased a new laptop and have encountered an odd problem. One of the drives I regularly access is a Box drive. Every time I access the drive, I enter in checkbox mode. Subfolders within any of the folders are in the desired details mode.

All other folders, including Dropbox and local folders, are viewed in Details mode. The preferred lister mode is, to the best of my knowledge, set as Details.

I'm stumped about how to eliminate the checkbox mode. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm using DO 11.19 pro edition. The laptop is running Win 10 Home.

Many thanks.

Could you post a screenshot of the window when in that folder? I suspect the folder is displaying via a custom UI that the Box software generates itself, which we should be able to see from how the UI looks.

As an alternative, do you have any scripts installed, under Preferences / Toolbars / Scripts?

Unlike other cloud services like Dropbox, OneDrive etc. Box folders are established as network folders/Mounted Volume which makes them look a bit different.

Thank you, first off, to those who've replied. I'm grateful for any assistance you can provide.

The attached screen shot, hopefully successfully attached to this reply, shows the problematic Box account and the display of a subfolder deep within one of the main folders. The latter displays properly, the former is the one that has mysteriously loaded with checkboxes.

I have DO installed on a wide range of machines. All display Box properly. The variation is that all others are running Win 7. If I had to guess, I suspect that's the issue, rather than the nature of the Box drive.

I have no scripts installed. The checkbox problem appeared after a fresh, default DO installation onto a brand new laptop not more than 10 days in my possession.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Best,

Harold

As suggested earlier it does look like that folder is being displayed by Box (or rather, it's probably a standard Explorer browser) rather than Opus itself - Opus is just hosting it within its window.

If you run Explorer, are checkboxes turned on in there? It may just be inheriting the default setting from Explorer, in which case if you turn them off in Explorer you may find they get turned off in that Box folder as well.

In Explorer in Windows 10 the option is on the View tab (View -> Item check boxes).

By George that solved it!

Your analysis was spot on. The problem was resolved by changing the view in Explorer. That was where the checkboxes were being triggered.

Thank you very, very much.

1 Like