Folder format used by folders loaded from Tab Groups

Can anyone advise how DO8.0.3.3 determines which folder format is used as the default for folders displayed by grouped tabs?

I have a number of Favourite Formats, and I have modified my Custom, Local Drives and Network Drives in the Default Formats list, and in addition, I have a number of specifically named folders in the Folder Formats list, but none of these seems to be employed by the folders added to a tab group.

The format is stored in the actual group itself - if you save them from the tab bar (by right click) it will take the current formats in the Lister. If you add new folders to group through Prefs then they will start with the default format. Either way you can edit the format through Preferences.

[quote]jon wrote:
The format is stored in the actual group itself - if you save them from the tab bar (by right click) it will take the current formats in the Lister. If you add new folders to group through Prefs then they will start with the default format. Either way you can edit the format through Preferences.[/quote]

Right Jon, but what determines the "default format" you refer to above? I've been looking through Prefs, and cannot find a setting which is designated as an absolute default.

Most likely Preferences, Folders, Folder Formats, Default Formats, Custom, although the Network, Local Drives, etc. formats may also be considered for tabs, if switched on.

Thanks, Leo...

Now I see it. I had been looking for something designated as THE default.