"Folder Formats" commands

Im trying to make some buttons which help me in dealing with "Folder Formats", I am currently aware of ;

Properties FOLDEROPTIONS
Properties FORMATLIST

When you are in the "Folder Options" dialog, I would like to be able to duplicate some of the functionality there into my own buttons, specifically ;

Save the current folder format : Save for this folder
Save the current folder format : Save for this folder and all sub-folders
Clear the saved format : For this folder
Clear the saved format and reset to defaults : Reset to Custom
Clear the saved format and reset to defaults : Reset to Defaults

Does anyone know if the commands / methods exist for me to achieve the above?

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK there aren't commands for saving formats or deleting saved formats. (You can reset the current view to Custom, Default or a saved format, but only temporarily without going via the UI.)

Send GPSoft a feature request if you want it put on the to-do list. It's been mentioned once or twice before, and seems like a good/useful idea, so a few votes of support might make it happen.

[quote="leo"]AFAIK there aren't commands for saving formats or deleting saved formats. (You can reset the current view to Custom, Default or a saved format, but only temporarily without going via the UI.)

Send GPSoft a feature request if you want it put on the to-do list. It's been mentioned once or twice before, and seems like a good/useful idea, so a few votes of support might make it happen.[/quote]

Ok, thanks for your quick response, i'll send off a feature request.

How ?

I find the whole Folder Formats to be a much bigger headache than I think it needs to be, and although I have read your "HOW TO: Understand and Configure Folder Formats" (which is a very good description), there's still a couple things that can be confusing, and a few workflow improvements could help improve it a lot I feel.

Thanks again for the help!

Via the Folder Formats menu, just below the Folder Options menu item.

Jimmy have you looked at styles for this? Styles have a lot in common with folder formats but you can also use them with any folder you want. Not to mention you can easily assign any given style to a button.

Via the Folder Formats menu, just below the Folder Options menu item.[/quote]

Leo,

Are you talking about the Folder Options menu in the Tools menu? Folder Options is the last item in the Tools menu on my DOpus. Actually I can't find any menu item for Folder Formats. Can you be a little more specific?

Thanks!

Jim

You must've turned off the new Opus 10 toolbars & menus and gone back to your old Opus 9 ones.

This is the one I mean:

hmmm, I dont see this either.

What is the command used for the "Manage Folder Formats" option ?

Just turn on the default toolbars and copy the parts you want out of them to your main toolbars.