Folder Icons

How can I show video folders with the posters as the thumbnail? I'm aware of how to do this with music files and showing album art, but this would also be pretty useful with video files. If this is not implemented, will this be added in the future?

Setting them as folder.jpg in each folder will get you part way there, but won't look exactly like that.

Please link your acount to request features.

has this been added yet ? after playing with coverart.jpg for my music folders .. was thinking how cool it would be if you could do the same thing with movie folders

If you turn off Preferences / File Display Modes / Thumbnails / Generate folder thumbnails via the shell (provides 3D folder thumbs) then you'll get flat folder thumbnails, which (if you make them rectangular as well, and use folder.jpg), will be somewhat similar to above, but with a thin "folder" border around them.

There isn't currently a way to get exactly what's shown above for folder thumbnails.

maybe one day Directory Opus will add a dvd case the same way it adds a cd case overlay ... please please please

It would be nice to have a way to have the folder thumbnails generated via the shell auto-toggle when browsing certain folders.

the way coverart.jpg is used for album folders can we have say "folderart.jpg" added as a custom folder icon that way you could set the folder icon to whatever you like
:movie poster
game art work
software box
anything you like

hope it can be added
thx

folder.jpg or the Customize option within a folder's Properties dialog can give a folder a custom thumbnail (without the CD case around it like with coverart.jpg).

i know of folder.jpg
but if folderart.jpg
was added would be a much cleaner look
folder.jpg still shows the folder icon
folderart.jpg could only show the image you set
then you could get a look like post 1 and would work with anything you like

1 Like

Hi Leo,

How do we submit a feature request like this? I looked around in the forum and couldn't find a "feature request" page or thread or anything like that...

:slight_smile: Thanks!

AR

This is as close as you can get currently

Unfortunately as you can see, each thumbnail still takes up a square plot of space. You can play around with thumbnail size settings but unfortunately this is global and doing so would interfere with all your other thumbnails.

No need to do anything special, just post in the forum as has already been done.

Looks pretty nice, thank you!

When I tried it now I see an outline of the square, outside of the poster. How did you make the outline disappear?

Thank you, sounds good!

You might have display borders enabled:

disable it to get rid of the outline.