Folder name color different if permissions aren't inherited

It would be enormously helpful for my company if Opus could show folder names in a different color whenever they don't inherit their permissions from their parent.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Jason

I don't know of any easy way to do that. You might be able to do it using scripting, but the file permissions APIs in Windows are not user friendly from C++ etc. type languages, let alone scripting ones, so I am not sure how feasible that would really be, without writing a C++ or similar object for the script to talk to (possible, but even more complicated).

Windows sometimes gives folders with different permissions an overlay icon, but I'm not sure of the exact rules it uses for that.

Leo,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's pretty easy to tell if a folder is inheriting permissions from its parent using PowerShell but I don't think there's a way to get Opus to leverage PowerShell for the purposes of the folder name color, right?

Scripting in Opus is something I'm not terribly familiar with.

Jason

As far as I know, there isn't a direct way to call PowerShell scripts from JScript/VBScript. You could probably do it by running the PS part as an external program and making it write the result somewhere, but it probably would not be very performant.