Folder Options-Display-AUTO

Folder Options-Display-AUTO

Hi All;

I have been setting my folders up for either Details or Thumbnails. This is one neat feature that is missing in every other file manager that I have used.

As I went from folder to folder I got to thinking why there is no AUTO setting that would detect the prominent file types in each folder and automatically select them as Thumbnails or not.

Looking at my various folders I noticed that folders with thumbnails almost always are ONLY images in that folder.

Is this possible now? Can it be added to a future version?

Thanks;
Doc

It's already in Opus: Content Type formats.

They're turned on by default for images, movies, music and (possible) documents. They're discussed in the Folder Formats FAQ, the introductory tutorial and the manual.

It's worth reading at least some of those things, and the other tutorials linked from the forum, before assuming that things can't be done. You'll find out about all kinds of stuff that you may not have stumbled on otherwise, too.

Oh Leo;

Sounds like you are a little put out by my questions; or is it the number of questions.

Before I started these posts I read EVERY FAQ and many of the recent post by others. I also skimmed through the Help in Opus.

Opus is such a big and wonderful program; being a power user I have a LOT of questions and comments which I am sure are listed somewhere else but are not always so obvious or are hard to remember just where I read about it.

You should have seen the number of questions that I had BEFORE I read everything that I could get my hands on.

You can read all about swimming, but a time comes where you just have to “Get in the water” so to speak and get wet. At that time a thousand questions will come to your mind that the previously read text just doesn’t seem to cut it.

So, sorry that I am a pain in the you-know-what but inquiring minds want to know and I will continue to post here.

The good news is that it should subside in a few days as I gain confidence in Opus.

Beside, that’s what you guys get for making such a powerful program aimed at power users.

Thanks for letting me “bend your ear”.
Doc

Just read the Folder Formats FAQ's (this makes the 3rd time) and missed that one even though it was pretty obvious. It was off on my copy of Opus. I now have it turned on.

Now I am wondering how many other things Opus can do that I do not yet know about.

Thanks again for you time and effort;
Doc

Yeah, there are a a lot of features and guides to digest and nobody is expected to learn them all at once. It takes a while, and a lot of the learning is through osmosis. :slight_smile:

I'm like a sponge.

Doc

You might be surprised.
For example I have Opus programmed to start my morning coffee brewing. :wink:
I'm still working on the button that gets Opus to run the dishwasher though. :laughing:

Seriously, welcome to the amazing world of Opus. I've been using it for 5 years now and I'm still learning new things about it all the time. :smiley:

Hi John;

You sound like me with JRiver Media Canter; have been using it for about 7 years now and something like 2,000 posts on their great forum (a lot like this one).

Good to meet you; :laughing:
Doc

I used to use JR MC, but it seemed to get too bloated for my tastes around v11. I prefer Zoom Player nowadays... with less features, but what I 'need' and nice and fast.

Anyhow, back on topic...

Not necessarily... don't be put of by being directed to a FAQ topic.

In general, the whole idea of a FAQ seems to have changed over the last bunch of years. I bet a vast majority of web surfers nowadys don't even 'realize' that a FAQ section is intended to provide answers to 'frequently asked questions' and that they should check there 'first'... Even so, it's still a good 'place' on a web site or forum to keep read-only tutorials, how to's, and guides for things we find need explanation over and over, and probably serves more often nowadays as a 'reference' point to direct new users to in order to alleviate 'frequently used answers' from needing to be typed manually over and over again :wink:... So being FAQ'd is a good thing - lol.

I agree, FAQ’s are GREAT.

JRiver calls theirs WIKI’s.

Doc