Folder Options: Save For this folder (and all-subfolders)

For example;
All my files is sorted by name, then I choose to sort one folder after date then I choose "Save for this folder" in Folder Options (not all-subfolders). But anyway all subfolders will also be sorted by date.

The same thing happens with other settings that I only want applied in one folder and not the subfolders.

For example; in my C:/ I want "Get Folder Sizes" to be OFF since there are alot of files in the Windows directory and Program Files which increases the load on that hard drive a lot. But I want do automaticly get the Folder Sizes in all of the subfolders in my C:/ hard drive.

How to apply a Folder Option to only one folder and not the subfolders.

Looks like a bug to me. I've reported it to GPSoftware.

To work around it, after saving the format go to Preferences - Folders - Folder Formats, double-click the format you just saved (it will be in the top section of the list), and clear the Use as the default format for all sub-folders checkbox on the Options tab.

[quote="leo"]Looks like a bug to me. I've reported it to GPSoftware.

To work around it, after saving the format go to Preferences - Folders - Folder Formats, double-click the format you just saved (it will be in the top section of the list), and clear the Use as the default format for all sub-folders checkbox on the Options tab.[/quote]

Thanks for the help Leo!

I'm having the opposite problem. The settings are NOT being saved. I can setup my choices, save it for all folders, and sure enough sometime later I notice its gone and picked another selection of columns, forgotten about autosizing etc.

Really annoying.

I can alter stuff and then go into Preferences, Folders and everything looks perfect, but it just doesn't 'STICK'.

Check the Folder Format FAQ...

[quote="gddeluca"]I'm having the opposite problem. The settings are NOT being saved. I can setup my choices, save it for all folders, and sure enough sometime later I notice its gone and picked another selection of columns, forgotten about autosizing etc.

Really annoying.

I can alter stuff and then go into Preferences, Folders and everything looks perfect, but it just doesn't 'STICK'.[/quote]

It is a bit tricky, but you can save them. There´s a FAQ, [Folder Formats: Quick Guide)

Also Dopus saves all the settings for every single layout or even tab groups. After i found this out, i could solve the issues with seemingly not saving settings. Although i would like to see some "tracking" function for the formats, where one can see each & every additional column applied by that inheritance thing & where exactly it´s coming from.