Folder tabs - closing when switching style

Say I have two folder tabs open and change from 'Details view' (Explorer) to Images (under style tabs).
Then one folder tab at the bottom is closing, i.e. I have 1 left at the bottom.

Q: Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Thanks.

Edit the styles in Preferences and you can turn on and off which aspects of the lister they modify.

Many thanks! Turning off "Close existing folder tabs" seems to do the trick.
Really helpful for me: so far each time I had to re-open a folder again, set it to image view...

I know, this is an old thread, but I would like to revive it: it is about the same matter.

I have the "Close existing folder tabs" unchecked, but existing folder tabs are replaced nonetheless.

For instance:
I have a style named Downloads, that jumps to the my download folder ( have same entry in Favorites btw)
Similarly I have a style named Photos, that gets me to the Photos folder.
On both the "Close existing folder tabs" are unchecked.

Being in 'Downloads' and clicking on Styles > 'Photos' (the download tab at the bottom is replaced)

So far, as a kind of workaround, I used Favorites, i.e. when in Downloads, I would use Favorites > Photos and a 2nd tab would show up then, which was/is my intention. I should not be using Styles then, as then the Photos tab will be replaced.

Question: is this correct?

Thanks again.

Does the style actually open any tabs, or does it change folders in the current tab? Styles can do both.