Folder Thumbnails are Forced

In Opus 13 Beta thumbnail mode, it seems that a folder icon is required for all folders. Previously in Opus 12, an image could take up the entirety of the space. See below for comparison.

The thumbnail image is 20% smaller due to needing to fit inside the folder icon with margin, as well as a new blue arrow in the upper left. In colors preferences, you can hide the folder icon slightly by making the color match the background, but this doesn't solve the issue, as it still shows the folder outline on mouse hover, the image is still smaller, and the blue arrow remains.

Could you add a way to turn off this folder icon, and restore the behavior of Opus 12?

Is Remove folder style border what you're looking for?

Thanks Leo, I had to create 6 identical styles (one for each file type group), but that seems to work.

Being unable to hide the folder expander icon still bothers me. Hopefully you can add a way to remove them in the future, or add a 100% transparency option in Colors and Fonts -> Directory Opus Colors -> Folder expanders.

One style matching * should work, I think.

You can turn off folder expanders via the Folder menu, or Preferences.

They're quite useful, though.

Thanks again Leo. Folder expanders are a cool new feature, I just personally never see myself using them.

Could you tell me where exactly in Preferences you can turn them off? I'm having trouble finding that option.

Preferences / File Displays / Folder Expansion