Folder Tree scrolling is too fast with touchpad

I'm currently evaluating Directory Opus, and it's generally excellent, but there's one issue that makes it hard for me to use.

I find that the vertical scrolling in the folder tree is far too fast when using 2 finger scrolling on the touchpad. However in the file display the scroll speed is fine. So the scrolling speeds are very different in the file display and folder tree. This makes it very difficult to use switching between the two.

It looks like a very small movement on the touchpad causes the folder tree to scroll one line, so a more significant movement causes a large scroll that's hard to follow. On the file display a similar movement on the touchpad causes a much smaller movement (far less than a single line), and so the overall movement is much better.

In other programs (and in the file display), the scrolling is slower and usable.

I've looked through the settings and can't find anything to control this. Is there anything I might have missed?

For info, I have the Windows touchpad setting to scroll 1 line at a time.

I'm using this version:
Directory Opus 13.4 Build 8838 x64
OS 10.0 (B:22631 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0

Thanks for any advice.

What kind/model of touchpad is it?

It is a Dell Latitude 5540, a few months old. I'm sorry I don't know the exact type of touchpad, and not sure how to find out.

Also it is running Windows 11.

Thanks! I've ordered a touchpad which I hope will be the correct type to reproduce and fix what you're seeing.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for looking into it.

I'm happy to test anything out or give any more info you may need.

1 Like

The touchpad arrived, and I've confirmed it acts like a "high-precision" touchpad.

But everything works correctly for me with it.

It's worth updating Opus to the current version if you're still on 13.4 (13.5 has been out a while now).