Folders not autorefreshing after 12.22 update

Disabled the tool. Exited and re-started DO. Same problem. Perhaps I can re-install 12.21 since this problem has only occurred with 12.22 (my system has not changed otherwise).

You'll often have to completely remove that kind of tool to remove their effects. Disabling them does not always work.

I've sent you a link to the 12.21 installer in case you need it to try that theory.

One thing that changed between 12.21 and 12.22 is the certificate we sign the program with (as happens every 3 years). That could make tools like that view the program as being more suspicious than it was before, as it looks like it's from a new company until it has been seen more frequently. Tools should tell you if they are breaking other tools or think something suspicious is running, but many of them don't.

Other than that, I don't really have any other ideas at this stage. We have no similar reports, and this is the kind of issue we'd expect to see a lot of other reports about if it was caused by our code changing rather than an external tool breaking the notification API.

Re-installed 12.21 and the problem disappeared. Refresh happened instantly.

Glad to know this is just me and not a broader issue. I appreciate the support. Great application.

Thanks - r

Just to check, is Preferences / File Operations / Options / Detect external file changes on network drives turned on?

Yup. One of the first things I checked.

1 Like

I have this exact same issue after updating to 20.22 as well, didn't have a copy of 20.21 available so went back to 20.20 and normal behavior returned immediately.

Prior to finding this page in my testing I had uninstalled/re-installed and reset settings none of which had an impact.

I first noticed it when working with the set metadata dialoge upon saving changes to a file the metadata fields in the lister would not automatically refresh but soon found it was true of any action such as deleting a file.

This computer is a fresh build less than 6 months old, almost nothing installed on it. Data primarily in OneDrive and no third party anti-virus or security products.

Please try the FAQ linked near the top of the thread and report your results.

Whitelisting Opus in Defender, and/or disabling Defender is also worth a try. Despite being "first party", it is a bad antivirus that has been causing all sorts of weird issues lately,
some apparently triggered by our new signing key, but only for some users and not others. Defender rarely tells you when it's breaking things, which is half the reason it's not a good antivirus.