Font thumbnail preview with custom text

I'd like to preview all my fonts so as to find if they contain Central European character. For example, we in Croatia need: "šđčćž ŠĐČĆŽ". Font thumbnail preview would be a perfect way to do so, if there would be a way to customize display text in the thumbnail. Currently it just takes the font name.

Like this, but with custom preview string:
2022-10-06_114857

I don't think it's currently possible, but it's a good idea. We'll add it to the list.

1 Like

Thanks @Leo, this feature would finally solve my decade+ unorganized fonts. You don't feel it in the West, but it's a big deal for us, the ROW non-English natives. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you suggest a good couple of fonts to test with, one with the characters and one without?

Then we can make sure the preview doesn't auto-switch to another font for missing characters, which would make things harder for you.

Sure. Google Fonts is great source for well packed fonts like Roboto, Open Sans, Signika, Oswald, Ubuntu.

BTW, Samsung One (free, but procured elsewhere) fonts are also all-inclusive and awesome looking with Opus, but they don't do well in the listers due to being not fixed width. So, Segoe UI is still the best for the listers.

Good looking fonts that are lacking CE characters: basically every font here: https://www.dafont.com/

So I suggest you start with Latin Extended A and later on if you really wanna dig into this, you may go with Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese etc letters.

Google Fonts selector:
2022-10-06_171726

1 Like

In addition to that, let my suggest you an incredible tool that's running from within the browser, where you can test all the fonts and their subsets too easy. You just drag-n-drop a font and let the app gets all the glyphs in. No installation required. I used it to fix the characters I needed.

Glyphr Studio

2022-10-06_173814

If you need help with testing, you may count me in. :slight_smile: