For each Opus window a different icon color

You asked for "(2)" how to stop them changing automatically. That's how. Set all the icon states to the same colour and they won't change.

The other thing you ask for "(1)" isn't possible, at least not currently, as I said above.

OK, until you - maybe - make (1) it possible: Is it a lot of work for you until then (possibly in one of the next beta versions?), to integrate a button under the above-mentioned Settings, with which you can switch OFF this automatic (window) icon change => so that I can at least visually distinguish the contents of 2 open Dopus windows by the icon color (without automatic color change) with a DURABLE assignment as "Source" or "Target" (so far there are at least 2 color possibilities for the window icons at the top left: the one for "Source" and the one for "Target")?

This isn't something we're going to add any time soon.

Hi, since update to version 12.26 the icons (see e.g. the icon on the top left) of an opened DOPUS window are no longer the colors defined under Settings -> Display -> Colors and images -> File display icon, but the default icon of the respective folder selected in the DOPUS window is displayed.
How can I change it, so as it was before? Thx.

Third item in the release notes.