FTP client: hostname not sitename in lister window tab

the file tab on the client shows hostname, not site name.

Many virtual hosting companies use convoluted local DNS that means the site name cannot be used as the hostname - and option to display the site name rather the host address - which is the same for ll 500 sites - would be excellent.

This is discussed in Ftp path, Site name instead of Host address but it is far too arcane - and does not seem to apply in v12 anyway? I realise you guys live and breathe scripting, but us mortals don't.

A simple option on the client config to select either site name or host name in the tab would be life changing. And you might go to heaven.

(I am the humble user that encouraged you to create the "CRTL SHIFT COPY" full path copy/paste feature many years ago. It has saved the lives of many unicorns and kittens since then.)

In the thread you linked to, there's a link to an updated version of the add-in which both works with Opus 12 and has an explicit option for doing exactly this:

Thanks I found and installed it. But I still think could be a simple select box on the config panel.

Awesome product etc. I hope you guys all drive Ferraris by now. :slight_smile:

WSP+++

Some of us can't even drive :grin:

1 Like

I'm sorted then, thanks.