Ftp_ssl_verbose=true not adding any additional output to the logs

Title says it all.

I only get a "SSH: ssh_init: error during SSH connection setup 0" regardless of ftp_ssl_verbose value.

Thanks.

It only adds particular data, not data to every situation.

Which version are you using? What else is in the log, if anything? Do other clients work with the same site/machine?

Version is 12.26 x64. Nothing else in the log, just the one line I already posted.

No idea if other clients work, I'm only using Directory Opus for (S)FTP. I'm a maniac when it comes to keeping my system clean, I only install what I really need, so I would really like not to install anything extra if we can diagnose this any other way.

There's support for newer SFTP algorithms in the current beta version, which could solve the issue. Depends on where/why things are failing, though. The FTP FAQ has other more general suggestions.

This just hit me now: I just tried connecting to that machine via sftp from a remote Ubuntu server I have access to, by using the sftp CLI utility and this is what I got:

Unable to negotiate with [IP address] port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1.