FTP update listing after copying files

Somewhere it was reported but I cannot find this post, so maybe good will be made separate topic.

After copying file to some FTP sites, I must refresh dir after to see copied file. It not happens on every sites, just some of them (for example - I have FTP server in my work on old computer with old Filezilla Server).

I have seen over the last 2 days that ftp folder in DO does not refresh on one PC when files are uploaded from another PC.

I have to constantly copy files to a customer premise and when I do this I have to pretty much close DO and reopen and connect again; I have the "advanced ftp" option.

What's the solution for this?

Thanks

Do you mean there are three machines, Client-1, Client-2, Server, and if you upload from Client-1 to Server you then can't see the files from Client-2?

Is that even after doing an F5 / refresh on Client-2?

If so, please try setting Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced: ftp_do_not_cache = True to see if that helps.

(You'll still need to F5 as FTP servers won't proactively report changes made by one client to another, but it should mean the F5 / refresh picks up those changes.)

If I need refresh for FTP servers that no reports changes, then maybe is good to add optional checkbox to FTP? Like "force refresh after copy/move operations".

You shouldn't need to refresh if the upload was done from the same window, as Opus does that refresh automatically. (Unfortunately, this thread is now talking about two separate things. :slight_smile: Atlterry's post is about a somewhat different scenario, if I have understood correctly.)

If the automatic refresh isn't working from the same window which did the upload, it might be worth looking at the FTP log to see if there are any errors or unexpected events in there which might explain why the refresh is failing.

I'm using separate listers, not dual, so it never will be "the same window". Most of FTP sites refresh correctly, but some don't.

It might be worth looking at the FTP log to see if there are any errors or unexpected events in there which might explain why the refresh is failing.

I'll look next time it happen.

I replaced sensitive data with "xxx".

I copy 3 files over FTP. First and third was updated on destination lister, second not. After manual refresh of destination window, I see all 3 files.

FTP Server is filezilla server on remote computer.

227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx)
Non Routable Address detected. Using Host Address xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx
--> STOR file1.txt
150 Opening data channel for file upload to server of "/x/file1.txt"
226 Sucessfully transferred ""
33759 bytes sent in 0.94 seconds (350.600 Kbytes/sec)
--> MFMT 20161006131620 file1.txt
213 modify=20161006131620; /x/file1.txt
--> PASV
--> STOR file2.txt
150 Opening data channel for file upload to server of "/x/file2.txt"
49113 bytes sent in 0.125 seconds (382.832 Kbytes/sec)
--> MFMT 20160919112500 file2.txt
213 modify=20160919112500; /x/file2.txt
--> PASV
--> STOR file3.txt
150 Opening data channel for file upload to server of "/x/file3.txt"
5468 bytes sent in 0.62 seconds (85.960 Kbytes/sec)
--> MFMT 20161006131606 file3.txt
213 modify=20161006131606; /x/file3.txt

Any chance to fix that?

I tested it today on few servers and it works bad on every of them.
Try to copy 7 small files to any FTP. It's huge chance that before refresh you'll see only 6 of them on FTP before refresh.

It's not something we have been able to reproduce so far, nor had any other reports of, but it is on our list to try in more detail when we have time.

Please don't bump threads which are only a few days old. We can fix some things instantly but that shouldn't create the expectation that we will fix everything instantly. Some things take more time, or may only be fixable if we get more reports and information that helps understand where the problem is. (And I am waiting about 10 years for fixes from Microsoft, Adobe, VMware, etc. etc. so I think we still do a lot better than most, despite a fraction of their resources!)

I've deleted your other thread bumps. Please keep signal to noise high. Bumping is fine if a thread is a very old, but just gets in the way if it is only a few days old. In general, please only post if there is new information to add.

From 1.10.2016 to 15.10.2016 is 15 days different, but nevermind. I just want to know that topic is not forgotten, because I see no changes in changelog and after install 12.2.3 I check this and nothing changes.

I wrote about 7 small files, because for some reason it can be reproduced this way. I don't know why.
7files.zip (918 Bytes)

I made more tests for this one. I made copy of these files few times to few different servers, using single listers and dual. Drag&drop and copy key shortcut. Is all the same - sometimes I see all files, sometimes one of files is missing until I manually refresh. It's not that always the same file is missing in directory listing. Sometimes I need few tries (but not so much, just 4 or 5). But it is quite easy to reproduce. Confirmation that it is a bug will be welcome.

New info - FTP refreshing problem affect deleted files too (on FTP). If I delete file and FTP (sometimes) do not refresh dir, Opus ask for overwrite if I want copy updated file, even if file is no longer available on FTP. But mostly it happens while copying.

I don't remember that type of problems in previous Opus major versions - everything was updating fine.

I'm really wait for some fix and answer for this one. I stop carrying of most of my less important posts which I suspect never will be answered, but this one and stealing copy dialog focus was two I really care. And this one is even more important.

Just small update - it happens on EVERY site, not some, like I think at first. It happens on external fast FTP servers, slower ones and even on local smartphone set as FTP server. Sometimes it's one file, sometimes is more, but problem exists and it's every day problem.

Another useful (I hope) info - when I check "rescan directory after change" I have file list updated correctly. But only files that are updated while copying (not after rescan) was checked. Files that are not updated while copying was unchecked. This directory was empty before copying files.

I've finally been able to reproduce this, and we should have a fix in the next update.