FTP upload after editing textfile?

Hello,

Just purchased DO Pro, excellent piece of software, it replaced my Total Commander I have been using it for about 15 years! And DO is way better! But I ran into an issue. :slight_smile:

I am using DO with Sublime Text editor to edit my .htaccess file directly by double clicking on it and opening it with Sublime text editor. The file opens up, changes are saved into a temp directory, where the changes are saved correctly. However upon saving the file or closing it, the upload process will not commence and the server file stays unchanged.

Doing the same thing with Total Commander (which will pass on and open the file with Sublime), after saving the file gets uploaded in the background onto the FTP server even if I do not close Sublime - as it should be.

Any ideas what might go wrong, I hate to switch file managers just for this operation.
Kind regards, Val

Have you checked the settings under Preferences / File Operations / Options / Re-upload modified files?

That option needs to be turned on, and the choice of options below it will depend on how you're using Sublime. e.g. If you always close the program before wanting the upload to happen, pick the option to wait for the program to exit. Otherwise, one of the Monitor file... options is probably best.

Thank you for your reply. I found a similar thread and made all the settings specified, so I think they are all correct. I put it on 20 min monitoring yet the upload does not happen.

Is there anything in the FTP log showing it is attempting to upload the file?

Hello dear customer support
Have same problem, files open with notepad++ in temp directory but can't be saved on FTP. It's huge inconvenience.
Preferences / File Operations / Options / Re-upload modified files - is set.
Where can I view appropriate logs?

That isn't just an on/off option. There are four different modes for that setting (not including "off"). Depending on how the editor you are using works, some modes may work and others may not.

Details about each mode are in the Help page you can access via the button at the top right of the Preferences dialog (which goes here).

Where can I view appropriate logs?

FTP > Display FTP Logs

Thank you very much. Now looks like it works, helped parameter - "monitor until it changes".