Ftp utf-8

Hi
From a windows 10 client I upload a file to a linux ftp server. The file is called äëïöü.txt after upload it seems to look fine from with Directory Opus. On the server its name is �����.txt. If I upload the file with cyberduck in utf-8 mode it is named correctly but in Directory Opus it is displayed as äëïöü.txt.

Is there a way to specify FTP connections to use UTF-8 charset for file and folder names?

In the FTP Address Book, on the Misc page, there is a Use UTF8 option. You can enable it for a specific site or as the default setting.

I found that setting. Thanks. But it seems to have no effect.

In log I see:
200 OPTS MLST type;modify;size;UNIX.mode;UNIX.owner;UNIX.group;
500 OPTS UTF8 not understood
200 Type set to A

Try File > Exit Directory Opus and then re-open the program, in case it was still using a connection with the old properties.

If you can use SFTP/SSH instead of FTP, that is always UTF-8 as well, for what it's worth. But the UTF-8 option for FTP definitely works, from my own experience.

You'll need to rename/re-upload the file in question for it to look right, in case you are expecting it to change after it eas uploaded.

thanks I got it working in the end.

Yeah a simple refresh (F5) did not refresh the connection. ( an option to close some or all ftp connections would be nice). As I had used another ftp client I ended up with two sets of (a number of) files. Deleting the "wrong" ones only worked when temporarily switching off utt-8, delete the wrong files and switching it on. Unfortunately switching is not so easy as it requires, like you suggested, exiting and restarting Directory Opus.